Wikipedia logoThis page is sourced from Wikipedia

Wikipedia data hasn't been reviewed for accuracy by the Gignos Research Team

45, 1.1

The Labattut shelter was excavated in 1912 and 1913 by Castanet. Most remains are from the Périgordian and the more recent Solutrean times. Rocks that were originally part of the back wall of the shelter, but which afterward have fallen down, showed paintings of a hand and of three animals; a mammoth and a deer painted in black, and a bison in black against a red background. These rocks are now in the National Prehistoric Museum in Les Eyzies. Another rock showed a large engraving of a horse and is now kept in the American Museum of Natural History.