Search less, Discover more.
The mission of Gignos is to make searching and learning easy for people who are interested in discovering information about human origins. Gignos provides a platform for Anthropological Institutions and Archaeologists to showcase their most meaningful work.
639 Published Sites, 326 Sites Need To Be Researched, 1000’s Of Sites To Be Discovered!
Send us a note and help contribute to the Gignos catalog
- Researched sites
- Wikipedia sites
- Unconfirmed sites
The Gignos mission is to map every prehistoric archaeology site on the planet and provide a rich way to learn about human origins. We need your help to fund our ongoing research efforts to add more archaeology sites to Gignos. Gignos is a registered 501(c)(3) which means that your support for the Gignos nonprofit is tax deductible.
- Raise $150K to fund the launch of Gignos
- Expand the development team to finish the public website
- Fund more Researchers to continue to curate the Gignos catalog
- Establish partnerships with Research Institutions
Gignos is excited to work with The Leakey Foundation to integrate their Origin Stories Podcast and Lunch Break Science series into the Gignos catalog. As well as Identify research sponshorship candidates
Gignos is proud to work with our development partner GoToInc based out of Ukraine since Jan 2021
We started the year off by identifying our partnerships for development and design.
- Identified gotoinc based in Ukraine as development partner.
- Identified Designer to create the UI and UX for the the public website
- Kicked off development, moved proof of concept site to AWS
- Added Users and Regions to data model
- Designed Style Guide, Home Page, Map UI, Search and Filters, Entity Page
- Development team added Search and Filters capabilities
- Designed Sources and Bibliography UI, Category Pages and Marketing Pages
- Hired first Research Lead
- Began Content Management Tool user acceptance testing
- Developed Version History and Source/Bibliography Model
- Designed Responsive UI
- Research requirements for model updates to Sites, Specimens etc.
- Began Content creation and curation of the Top 10 sites
- Developed Media Items and Media Collections
- Launch Donation Site
- Complete model and CMS tool requirements
- Complete curation of Top 10 sites and all affiliated topic research with sources
- Identify initial research institution partnerships for first donation campaign
- Developed People entity and Source relationships
- Add video source integration
- Admin tool UX fixes and polish
Beyond Spring 2022
- Crowdfunding votes will nominate research on the next ten Sites
- Partner with additional researchers to increase velocity of content curation
- Fund partnership institutions on specialized research - Stretch goal contingent on funding
- Continued UX polish and bug fixes for Admin Tool
- Launch public site with top 10 sites
- Continue feature development