La Viejarrona is located in the municipality of Rasines (Cantabria, Spain). It has a large entrance, which gives it great majesty. In it is born the Silencio River, a tributary of the Ruahermosa, which in turn is a tributary of the Asón. It is of great importance both prehistoric and speleological. The Valley Cave is recognized as one of the longest cavities in the world. With more than 60 kilometers explored, it is well-known by caving practitioners.
Although no cave paintings have been found inside, Father Lorenzo Sierra discovered in 1905 a very important deposit of objects and pieces from different eras: Azilian (harpoons, scraping points, etc.) and upper Magdalenian (harpoons with one or two rows of teeth and other different bone tools). The flint industry has mostly central burins and various types of scrapers.
In this site was also found a perforated staff of great archaeological value, now disappeared, of which a plaster copy is preserved in the National Archaeological Museum. Another perforated cane also appeared, less important than the previous one because it had no decoration, which is preserved in the MUPAC.